Monday, 7 November 2016

Pink Parcel: November



Novembers Pink Parcel has been curated in conjunction with Look magazine.  This months box features the usual feminine hygiene products, some beauty treats, a cup of tea, something yummy and a complimentary copy of this months Look!

Pink Parcel is one of my must have subscription boxes.  With the amount the box contains it is amazing value for money.  It is such a relief not to worry about getting caught out when that time of the month rolls around and all the extra treats are an added bonus.  That being said this is the first month that I have been a little disappointed.  There seemed to be a little less than usual in this box and most were sample sizes, all the products were lovely but I just found it a little lacking and at some points a little repetitive.  But considering how long I have been getting this box it really is a credit to Pink Parcel that this is the only one I haven't adored.

This month not all subscribers received the same product, everyone was sent a selection from a long list which is probably where I think this box when wrong for me.  I would have preferred some of the other products that were available.

Lets have a look at what's in this months box.

Ombar, Strawberry Mylk - £1.99



Chocolate.  Normally you can't go wrong.  I imagine this is going to be the best part of this box for a lot of people but unfortunately I just don't like this brand.  It is 100% organic, contains only natural ingredients and is healthy which is all wonderful but I just don't really like the taste of it.  I will be giving this away.

Find out more at: ombar.co.uk

Drink me Chai, Spiced Chai Latte - One sachet

(£2.50 for 250g)


I am a big fan of Chai so I was happy to see this in my box.  I love to try new things but old favourites are always welcome.  There is nothing better than curling up on a cold winters day with a warm mug of Chai.  I always add water to this, (milk makes it a little too sweet for me) and normally drink it in the evenings.  It is 99% caffeine free to is perfect for an evening treat.

Find out more at drinkmechai.co.uk

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - 15ml sample

(£32 for 50ml)



This pricey mask is a welcome edition this month.  I receive a lot of face masks but over the winter I use them very often so I am always happy to get one in my box.  For the price of this Ren mask I am expecting a lot.   I tried a little on the back of my hand. It is a light formula that goes on very smoothly.  It smells wonderful, very fruity and fresh and my skin definitely felt smoother after.

Find out more at renskincare.com

Mavala Nial Polish, Basel - Full sized - £4.95


This very small bottle of nail varnish packs a punch.  It goes on really nicely and is strongly pigmented so coverage is spot on.  You only need one or two coats and it dries with a nice shine.  It Is eco-friendly and free of chemicals which is a bonus.  I'm not wild about the colour only because I already have quite a few other bottles in this shade. 

Find out more at johnlewis.com

Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructor conditioner - one sachet

(£4.99 for 250ml)


This is one of those samples that seem to pop up a little too often in subscription boxes.  I have lost count of the amount of times I have received one of these little sachets.  Don't get me wrong, I like this product.  I think it  works very well and is good value for money but I am just so, so bored of it.  I would be happy to see another conditioner or another Aussie product.  At this point it feels like this sample is something subscription boxes use as a filler when they can't find anything else.

Find out more at boots.com

Batiste dry shampoo, Tropical - 50ml sample

(£1.50 for 200ml)


This is another product that feels like a lazy choice.  Again I have received a million of these.  I use them and I like them but I'm bored of them.  This product works well and smells fantastic but I'm just not excited by it.  Also it is so cheap (only £1.50 for a big canister) that I would rather go out and buy it rather than receive this small sample.

Find out more at batistehair.co.uk

Ciate mini liquid velvet - sample 2ml

(£17 for 6.5ml)


Subscribers received either Diva or Pin up.  I received Diva.  I am much more excited about this product than I was a about the last two.  I know Ciate well but have only ever used their nail varnish.  This liquid lip colour is super matt and very pigmented.  I LOVE bright lip stick so this is perfect for me.  I have not worn it all day so cannot speak about its wear ability at the moment but at first glance I love this.

Find out more at ciatelondon.com

Balance me super toning body polish - 50ml sample

(£18 for 150ml)


I am always happy to receive Balance me products.  It is one of the few natural brands that really works for me.  This exfoliating body wash is creamy and thick with a good amount of walnut shell to get rid of all that nasty dead skin.  It also smells wonderful.  This is a pretty good sized sample so should last some time. 

Find out more at balanceme.co.uk

Other samples available this month:

Carnaby & Cross Gemmotherapy face mask
Nails inc polish in Whitehall
Secret hair mud mask, hair serum and shampoo
Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm in mint
Korres Bergamont Pear body milk
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

This months Pink Parcel also contains a Look Magazine subscription offer.  Three months subscription to the weekly magazine for £14.70





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!