Wednesday 16 April 2014

Rumor confirmed: Paul Bettany will play the Vision in Avengers Age of Ultron


There has been a lot of speculation as to who Paul Bettany will be playing in Avengers: Age of Ultron.  The main theory was that he would play Vision and last night Bettany confirmed the rumours to Jimmy Kimmel.  

Bettany has been in the MCU since the beginning as Tony Starks virtual assistant JARVIS but this will be the first time we see him in a physical role.

He said about the character casting:

“He (The Vision) can do all sorts of things, but I'm not allowed to really talk about them and what we're going to do, because there might be a Marvel agent in the room who will actually wrestle me to the ground and fire me.   Everything's a double-edged sword, because I was playing JARVIS for years, my job was I would turn up at a recording studio for 45 minutes, do all my stuff, they would give me a huge bag of cash and then I'd go home.  Now, it turns out they've found me out and they want me to actually, you know, do something!"




So what does this mean for Age of Ultron and the future of the MCU?  (Look away now if you don’t want any potential spoilers).



Vision is essentially an android that is created by Ultron to use against his creator Henry Pym aka Ant Man and the Avengers.  (In Age of Ultron I would imagine that it will be Iron Man who creates Ultron not Pym but with an Ant Man movie coming soon you never know).  He starts out as a baddie who eventually turns against his programming and Ultron to aid the Avengers and defeat his master.  He later goes on to join the Avengers and marry Scarlett Witch.  Maybe a romance will not be so apparent in Age of Ultron but it could feature in other MCU movies, especially if Scarlett Witch or Vision got their own movie.  There is also a possibility that Hawkeye could play in to it.  The guy is fairly unlucky in love and at one point in the comic books held quite a torch for Scarlett Witch which caused some tension between him and Vision.
Of course it could all go in a different direction.  Either way Vision is a great addition to the MCU. 
What do you think? Surprised or saw it coming?
 Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!